The Ferrari Purosangue SUV Is Set To Debut In September With A Naturally Aspirated V12 Engine
June 17, 2022 / By Zunair Tahir / Automotive News
It will only account for about 20% of Ferrari’s total annual exports
Let us travel back in time to September 2018, when Ferrari unveiled the Purosangue at its Capital Markets Day. It hasn’t been disclosed in over four years, but the wait is almost over. In September, Maranello will unveil its first-ever SUV, equipped with a powerful V12 engine. The statement was made today during the Capital Markets Day event, which also included a few other goodies.
By limiting shipments to clients to less than 20% of total annual supplies, the Prancing Horse hopes to keep the Purosangue (relatively) exclusive. In other words, starting in 2023, just one out of every five new Ferraris sold will be an SUV. The Italian company continues to avoid using the word “SUV,” instead stating that the vehicle would be “unlike any other.”
Furthermore, it will be a “pure V12 model,” meaning it will be powered by a naturally aspirated engine. With ever harsher emissions rules, it’s comforting to learn that the NA V12 will continue to be produced for a few of years.
While the Purosangue is expected to contribute for around 20% of total sales, the Icona series and the new hypercar will be significantly more exclusive. According to Ferrari, these vehicles will account for less than 5% of overall deliveries, whereas Special Series models such as the 812 Competizione / 812 Competizione A will account for about 10% of total sales.
By 2026, hybrid and all-electric powertrains will account for 60% of all vehicles, with ICE-powered vehicles accounting for the remaining 40%. When it comes to powertrains, Ferrari has been tight-lipped on how much power the V12 will produce in the Purosangue, but we do know that it produces 830 horsepower in the 812 Competizione. Furthermore, a more powerful setup has already been shown.
With the Purosangue, Ferrari will join the ranks of high-end manufacturers like as Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, and Lamborghini in having their own SUVs. By the end of the decade, McLaren is expected to follow suit.
2022 Car Prices 2022 CARS 2022 News 2022 Pakistan News 2022 Tech News apple automobile Automotive Blogs Automotive News Automotive News Pakistan Auto Sector Blogs car news Car Prices car prices 2021 cars cars 2021 cars of pakistan changan electric cars entertainment news F1 Honda honda pakistan Hyundai hyundai pakistan KIA mg MG Pakistan new cars news news 2021 news pakistan pakistan automotive news Pakistan Government Pakistan News price list proton proton pakistan suv suzuki Suzuki Pakistan Tech News Toyota toyota pakistan